May 12, 2010

really beautiful words.

I saw this today posted by a girl from the youth group I used to work with, and I had to share it because I thought it was just AWESOME.
I am not gifted at poetry, or writing in general.. blogging is as good as it gets for me.
Anyways, credits go to Caroline D. from Mandarin UMC youth group for this poem...

He carved me with compassion, carved me with love
He carved me into a masterpiece made from above
He carved every detail, made every piece
Cleaned out my heart, cleaned every crease
He made all my struggles, made every strength
He took his time, He went the length
He made me something that no one could form
He's bigger than any earthquake or any storm
He made me his daughter, made me his child
No matter how crazy, no matter how wild
He made me me, and now I see
That he sees me for who I am and will be



my favorite part is "made all my struggles, made every strength."
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the STRENGTH of my heart
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:26

No comments: