May 3, 2010

May Angels Lead You In. RIP Corey


At 3:25am Sunday morning a young man went to be with Jesus.

This great guy was not only one of my friends, he was one of the most positive and fun people to be around. He always had a smile on his face and a joke to share.

It all ended too soon when his car flipped and hit a tree just less than a mile away from home early Sunday morning. Spencer Corey Valaer will be missed dearly. He was 21 years old.

I think what hurts the most is that he was SO close to being home. He just needed to turn the corner and he would have been safely inside with his family. I can't imagine what they felt when they got the call that he wouldn't be coming home to them.

Jesus gets to have him now.
And we don't.
And it hurts.

I want him to be back in his little green Saturn. I want him to come home earlier. I want his cars' wheels to guide him home. To his momma. To his brothers. To his friends. I want that pine tree to still be standing. I want him to update his facebook status talking about how great his night was Saturday. I want him to get more posts on his wall congratulating him on getting his A.A. than about leaving us. I want him to wake up tomorrow and dream of the future.
I want him to be alive.

Why him? He was more alive than anyone I know and now he is gone.

It's times like this that make me angry.
It's times like this that make me sad.
It's times like this that make me want to cry.
It's times like this that make me want my momma here too.

Just like Corey- My momma, Alicia, left too soon.
Everyone has somehow or another been affected by the death of a loved one. It is one of the hardest things to deal with.
I pray that his family feels comfort and peace from God. I pray that everyone can take the time to tell people you love that you love them. I pray for safety for people on the road, those both sober and under the influence. I pray that Corey knows how much we love him and miss him.
R.I.P. Spencer Corey Valaer


4 comments:

Brett said...

This is great Sam. We all will miss him more than he will ever know! I still can't believe it.

Samantha said...

I think he knows. :) He is looking down on all of us.

Kelsey Joy said...

your momma?
[http://joyiseternal.blogspot.com/2010/03/lessons-from-former-piece.html => my mom]

Samantha said...

Kelsey-
Yes, my mom passed away when I was 3 years old. It is hard to believe it has been almost 18 years.
Thanks for sharing.