May 9, 2010

My Mom's Day Gift!

Every year I make something for my mom for mother's day...
-last year I painted a quote on a piece of wood and stenciled (took a lot of patience). That is now sitting on my parent's mantle over the fireplace.

but THIS year I really went out on a limb (no pun intended.. and you'll see what I mean in a second)

I saw this originally on Eva's blog and thought it was TOO cute. So I decided for mom's day I would see if I had what it took to put together my own "Perry family tree."
here is the result...

It's not the best picture with the glare on the glass from the frame.. but it will do!

I hope mi madre likes it :)

She is a great wonderful loving supporting laughing caring smart woman.
There really aren't enough adjectives to describe her.

She and my dad are my favorite people in this world. They gave me a second shot at life when they adopted me as a baby. They have given me more than I can ever have hoped for.
They really are angels.

Sometimes on holidays, especially mother's day it is hard for me when I start to think about the fact that my biological mother isn't here any more but then I am reminded that God gave me the most amazing parents-- even before I was officially theirs.
I am thankful for them calling me theirs, as well.
Thank you Jesus.



Proverbs 31
(I love it all.. but specifically verse 28)

28 Her children stand and bless her.
Her husband praises her:
29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
but you surpass them all!”

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
31 Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks AWESOME!!!!!! Seriously, awesome job!!!

Samantha said...

Thank you! Happy mother's day Eva!