Nov 16, 2010

Thankful Series: Day 3

This post will be especially fun for those of you who are fellow GCA attenders! :)

For Day 3 of my thankful series I want to talk about Grace Church of Avondale!
A lot of you reading my blog will probably agree with me when I say that Grace Church is great place to be :)

A little church history about me-- I grew up going to church in Mandarin at Mandarin United Methodist with my parents. I LOVE that church as well but during college I started attending Grace. I first attended Grace with the Murphy family (also SO thankful for that amazingggg family) and my best friend Steph.
Over the past 4 years attending Grace I have met some really amazing people, heard some amazing testimonies, was challenged in my faith more than ever and felt a sense of community.

I think sometimes churches become comfortable in their checking the boxes routine... go to church (check) sing the songs (check) read a passage (check) shake pastors hand (check) attend a sunday school class (check)...etc. But at Grace I really felt from the moment I walked in that the people who attend are there because they want more than that in their sunday morning, and throughout their week.
They are seeking God on a higher level every single morning and they genuinely care about each other's needs.

When the church becomes too comfortable in a their "checking of the boxes" there is no room for growth. This isn't the case with Grace.

I am so thankful for Grace Church and the people who make up the church body. (which reminds me-- I am going to be there Sunday! woo hoo! it's been over 2 months!)

This picture is from VBS.. craft time with one of my girls in our class!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yah! I love GCA as well! Glad you'll be there this Sunday!! :-)