Jun 10, 2012

Rain and VBS induced thinking..

Tomorrow starts VBS at our church, the theme is Sky. Everything is possible if you Trust God... (the "sky's the limit" I guess?) I am excited to watch the kiddos enjoy the music, crafts, games and big group time.

Luke is the games leader for VBS this year and came home very excited to tell me all about it one day.... so I start looking at his instructions book and notice it says for preschool. Poor guy about had a heart attack when he saw that. I assured him it was probably the wrong book, given to him by mistake. Sure enough it was, but it was still pretty fun to watch him try to figure out the nicest way possible to say that he didn't think he was cut out to be the preschool games leader at VBS. Haha!

The nursery at church this morning was buzzing with mini people, the 1 years and up but not quite 2 years old club as it seemed. (not on purpose but it worked out that way) Of course Elmo came to the rescue thanks to a DVD someone donated and my PBS app on my phone. Elmo (male or female by the way?) seems to distract most of them to be able to have m-o-m or d-a-d scoot out before too much of a crying-snot-running-down-the-face-and-cute-church-clothes scene happens. :)

I enjoy the little ones so much and it makes my heart so happy to have them reach for me when they're sad or missing mom. I'm really starting to get to know most of my regular nursery kids and it's fun to interact with them weekly. I am mostly convinced that teaching and caring for little ones under age 6 is my calling.

Luke and I have been busy talking finances, living arrangements, etc as we are getting closer to the wedding date. I had just gotten accepted to a program at UNF for teacher preparation/certification help and mentoring to start in August. However, I just don't think I feel like spending the money to do the program right now is what's best. We aren't rolling in the dough (who is, i guess..) and that teaching any children over 6 really wasn't where I am feeling led anyways. There is some prospect for me to get a stellar job in St Simons for teaching preschool soon so we are waiting on that for now.

Meanwhile, I'm working part time at a couple places which turns into full time basically and trying to finish wedding plans.

Found this craft to share also.... a gift for you if you happened to read this whole post! LOL :)

On the same note as the Rainy Day art project I mentioned the other day, and the horse races in the past month, is this one that you can do inside on a rainy afternoon. (no link, just notes from me because it's from my brain and a lady's at the nursing home our youth just visited)

Make your own Horse and Race Track
Use clipart online or draw one then cut out the horse, paint or color them, and make sure they can stand on their own. Make a race track on a table with tape sectioning off squares. Then roll the dice and move your horse that many spaces. Take turns, work as a team or just make up your own game. Make sure you give your horse a fun name, too! This helps little people with counting too... see look, always something secretly educational. ;)

No comments: