Nov 10, 2011

things I love for my classroom

My most favorite discovery lately has been the many uses of Contact Paper. It works similarly to laminating something. I use to make papers dry erase marker friendly, so that we can re-use it, or when we finish an art project like our Veteran's Day banner (pictures tomorrow) it gives it an extra oomph of completeness. I guess I just can't get enough of it.

We talked about sight and hearing this week.... music, identifying sounds, colors, magnifying glasses, patterns, etc. We made our own "stained glass" creations using contact paper (there it is). I cut squares (shape of the month) of different colors of tissue paper (reinforce color recognition and use of various materials for art) and gave each student a piece of contact paper sticky side up (about 4x4). They stuck the squares down and then when they finished we put another sheet of contact paper over it (Sticky sides together create almost a laminated look). We hung them up in the window to see the light shine through the colored paper! You can also easily cut this into a shape like... leaves for fall maybe?

Stay tuned for my veterans day post tomorrow! Lots of crafts to post!



No comments: