Jan 25, 2011

meet my class!

I took some class pictures the other day so stay tuned for that.... until then, here is a glimpse into my class.

Clay... "the flirt." He is one of my younger two's and still has some adjusting to do in his older classroom. I love him to death because he is just so dang cute with his big brown eyes but can be so difficult sometimes! For such a tiny kid he can really defend himself against the other kids. Most of the time the poor innocent little girls get their hair pulled, feet stomped on and get punches to the stomach and head from Clay. It's hard to stay mad at him when I think he is just the most adorable kid I have ever seen.

Raylynn.. or Ray ray. She is the oldest kid in our class, the momma and the teacher's helper. She mediates the fights, helps kids up when they fall and is actually a big help to me when I need to get something done. I will be sad to see her leave when she moves up to the next class. :(

Thomas... I cannot wait to see him really blossom in school. He recently got rid of the pacifier and we convinced his mom to let him start doing things for himself like eating at the table and not in the high chair. He needs a little extra help right now with simple tasks he should have mastered at 2.5 years old but I know he will catch up soon! He has already started talking more and I am really working with him on saying more and more words. It's amazing how much the pacifier can affect speech development... and I'm not saying that applies to all kids, because all are different. In his case, he needed to get rid of his because he wasn't talking and developing socially.

My kids love....
to play in "centers"... the kitchen, art table, library and puzzles, for example.
to run outside.
to ride bikes on the playground.
to eat.
to draw and do crafts.
to dance.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww what a sweet glimpse into your class!