Jun 11, 2010

banana puddin' and john deere green

(Just me hanging out with Paula Dean in Savannah)

I have been super busy this week and haven't had a free minute to update about this weekend's birthday shenanigans in Savannah, GA for my
best friend's 21st birthday... until now!

Last week I posted some hints/ teasers as to the party goody bags I made for the girls that would be celebrating with Steph for her birthday.

Inside each of the bags were:
1. noisemaker horns (the ones you blow into and they make lots of noise)
2. glow stick bracelets (used as a way of keeping everyone in check when we were out and about Friday night!)
3. coozies!!! (my favorite part of the bags)
here is a picture I took of them when I made them, from my computer camera so its flipped. (i didnt get a picture of them while we were in Savannah)



All of the drink coozies say "Steph's 21st" on the front and the back of each has a girl's name on them... Steph's is the orange in the bottom left corner
and it says, "It's my 21st!"

Everyone really loved them and we had a BLAST in Savannah.

It is such a great city for walking around and... for good eating!
While we were there we ate at Paula Dean's restaurant, "The Lady and Sons"




Steph's birthday present from me was a new "africa purse" as she calls it. Last fall she ordered this really cool bag made in Africa by some tribal women. She loved that dang purse... until some person stole it from our friend's car. :( it was VERY sad. So when I was at the farmer's market a couple weeks ago I spotted some very similar bags like her beloved "africa purse" and I picked out one in orange (her fave color).

I don't have a picture of the bag to post for you,
but maybe I can get one of her wearing it soon and post it! :)

On Saturday night after returning to Jax, Katie, Steph and I went around the corner to Harmonious Monks in Mandarin. It's a very, very fun place with lots of good music to sing along to. All of the bartenders and servers sing or play instruments.



Also, here is a picture of our SWEET room that we got a free upgrade to because the Savannah hotel overbooked. It was a bi-level suite with a spiral staircase, 3 flatscreens and three beds!

view from the bottom of the girls on the top level

And the view from the window..

Katie and I in the car with the sunflower we bought for Steph.. it was kinda windy!!

I'm ready to go back to Savannah! I love that city! :)

4 comments:

Leona said...

Looks like you guys had soo much fun!!

Rebecca said...

Oh I love Savannah! I want to go on a day trip there soon!

Samantha said...

Rebecca, I will gladly join you for a day trip... I love that place! Let's plan on it!

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! Jonathan & I went to Savannah on our anniversary for a couple of days. We loved it. We did a ghost tour too. You'll have to do that next time!! :-)