Apr 5, 2010

what's so amazing about grace?


I've read it before, but I'm reading it again in light of the a.m.a.z.i.n.g. sermon on Easter sunday at church.
I recommend it if you have not read it before and there is also another version- shortened, visual edition
It really challenges and encourages you to seek understanding about the depth of God's grace. I am constantly reminded not only in reading this book but everyday about how undeserving I am of His grace.

I love love loved the message on Sunday about the Resurrection and its meaning-- and how people all over are being told the wrong thing.

I, personally, forget what Jesus meant when he said it was finished. (John 19:30)
I try to add to what Jesus did on the cross.
I think that by trying to earn God's seal of approval I will be counted as righteous and holy in His eyes.
I forget that Jesus died so that I could become righteous.
By His death and resurrection, we are already promised new life.

"For I am crucified with Christ and I no longer live but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
-Galatians 2:20
"In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."
-Romans 6:11
I like to do this with passages sometimes in order to really get the point of the scripture engraved in my mind... take a verse like Galatians 2:20 and insert your name into the parts that say "I" or other reference to yourself.
i.e. "For Samantha is crucified with Christ and Samantha no longer lives but Christ lives in Samantha. The life Samantha lives in the body, Samantha lives by faith in the son of God, who loved Samantha and gave himself for Samantha."
(That's a lot of Samantha's mentioned.. but that's kinda God's point, I think.)

Hope you had a Happy Easter!






No comments: