Mar 25, 2010

His love never fails.

Although things of this world will come and go, God's love never changes.

A lot has changed this week. I broke up with my boyfriend last Saturday. With breakups always comes heartbreak and pain and adjusting to not having that person in your life as much. It has been hard- and I had to take a HUGE leap of faith on that decision. God has given me a lot of peace and hope though. :)

I know it won't be easy that's for sure. But God promises me so much more than I can imagine.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess because He who promised is faithful."
---Hebrews 10:23


I love this song and it has been on repeat on my itunes during the past week :)
( here are some of the lyrics )

King of all Days-- Hillsong
I'm found in the arms of love
For Your love
It has saved my soul
I'll run to Your arms of love
Your light's gonna lead me home

Glorious Saviour
In Your light I am free
The things of this world will fade
Still You are all that I need

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Breakups stink. I was in a really long term, really dysfunctional relationship before I met Jonathan. Here are some verses that helped me along. They may not be applicable (because I was not doing too great but just wanted to share them).

Isa 40:1-2, "'Comfort, oh comfort my people,' says your God. 'Speak softly and tenderly to Jerusalem (Eva), but also make it very clear that she has served her sentence, that her sin is taken care of - forgiven! She's been punished enough and more than enough, and now it's over and done with.'" (Message)

Joel 2:25, "The Lord says, 'I will give you back what you lost to the swarming locusts.'"

Job 23:10, "When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold."

You will come out of this as gold! :-)

Samantha said...

Eva- THANK YOU. I love the Job verse :) If I had read this comment before this morning I would have thanked you in person when I saw you but I shall try to remember next weekend. I may hit you up for some more verses sometime, or now.. if you have any you'd like to share :) haha.