Mar 1, 2010

a different way to scrapbook...

I know of a few of you are scrapbooking lovers like me, so I thought I'd share. :)

A few years back a friend of mine shared this idea with me and I LOVED making these.

Basically, I used long envelopes and every thing else I normally use to decorate the pages of my scrapbooks. I have a handy paper cutter that helped me get the edges right. I just glued the paper to the envelopes and left the flap of the envelope open...most times I used different paper for the envelope flap for some contrast and makes it more fun. The cool part about envelope scrap-booking is that you can create something small but have a place for a lot of pictures. I usually put a couple main pictures I love on the outside of the envelope and then put the rest of the pictures inside the envelope. I put two holes in the them and tie all the "pages" together with ribbon. I used to have some finished ones displayed in a basket for people to look at. They are small enough to take with me in my purse and show people I run into, or even work well as a small gift. I never finished these in the pictures I posted because I made them for my trip to NY I took a few years back and my pictures got deleted. :(
If you decide to make some I want to see them! I plan on making some more soon.
I'll post them ASAP.





1 comment:

~Serra~ said...

SUPER cute.
Definitely going to try it!
Maybe we can do it together and you can show me!