Apr 13, 2010

Some other beginning's end..

I REALLY cannot believe that I am about to finish my 7th semester of college. Classes end next wednesday!
I also cannot believe that a week from Saturday is my end of semester dance show and the last official day of living with my amazing roommate Amy. :( Sad face.
It has been a CRAZYY semester. Full of lots of change and also lots of possibilities. I am thankful for learning so much from this life I am blessed to have.

Before this semester:

*I had a boyfriend...now I don't.. but its okay!)

*Planned on moving back to Jax at the end of July... now I will be living in Gainesville for my last semester of college.

*Thought I would be taking a year off of school and applying for UNF's grad program in Public Administration... now I am not so sure because I have felt God pulling me in some different directions. I thought I wanted to be working in the administration of a non profit that works to develop youth especially in low socioeconomic areas--- and I know I still want to work with this type of youth (and youth in general) but I want to be on a relational level with them instead. I am also very passionate about the education system, especially with all that is going on with SB 6 right now (Florida Senate: Bill 6 or for a shortened to the point version, I know it may be a little biased but its informative, Senate Bill 6).
So who knows if I am going to grad school or for what... and I am also open to going out of Florida! (which I had NOT considered before) :)

I'll also add in that, if you agree with me about the negative repercussions of that Senate Bill I mentioned above ^ you can CALL or E-mail Governor Crist and encourage him to VETO the bill.
his contact info: Governor Charlie Crist

In some ways I am nervous about the future of our country because of so much change lately, but what's good to know is that God is in control.
He has promised us a future of good and not of harm.

We need to pray daily for our leaders and those in positions of power.

God holds everything in His hands...He knows already what our future holds and has prepared a way for us.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell in the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."
(Isaiah 43)


No comments: