Mar 5, 2009

It's not fairytale, take it from me.. that's the way it's supposed to be.




I have learned alot this year, as I do every year.
I think the lesson I am learning currently is humility, and thankfulness. I recently applied for a group on campus here at UF called Campus Diplomats that does programs mainly for the Dean of Students Office and I got really pumped thinking about being a part of this organization. I thought for sure that with my RA experience and leadership roles in the past, among other things that I would slide on in. I fell in love with the people and the idea of being a part of such a great group.. but little did I know I wasn't going to get to experience it after all. I wasn't picked. I don't know why except that God obviously has other plans for me. I think the hardest part is wondering why not me? I had multiple other RA friends in the organization and my best friend made it in and I didn't. Don't get me wrong, she TOTALLY deserves it & I am more than happy for her but it was really hard to be content with the outcome. It was a dissapointment for sure.
I am not saying anything bad about the group, nor that they made some mistake in not picking me.. I just have to remember at a time like this that EVERYTHING happens for a reason and that each person that was picked no matter how fair or unfair I think it was, they were also put there for a reason.
I needed to take a step back and look at why I was so dissapointed too. Had I placed myself on a pedastool above even my own friends? I have my own talents and abilities, and I know that I need to accept that they might not have been right for this group, this time.
I know one thing for sure, just because one thing goes wrong- doesn't mean I have to beat myself up over anything else that may also be going wrong at the time. There is so much in my life to celebrate. SO MUCH.
I have met so many great people this year, my dancin' gators girls, my RA friends just to name a few. I have experienced so many great things and learned so much as well. My life is great.

No comments: