Mar 15, 2009

welcoming warm weather




The sun has been shining over Florida consistently for a whole week: that means no rain, and best of all it is warming up!
(the pictures are of stephanie's little cousins that joined us for two days at the beach!)

I am convinced that I am a Floridian through and through. Though I loved the snow the couple of a times I was around it, I am a friend of the beach and the sun.
On my first birthday and during that week was the last time Florida saw snow. I have a total of maybe 5 pictures of the snow in my backyard, and there I am bundled up in my pink hat and jacket ready to explore this strange, cold white stuff on the ground. The only other times I have played in the snow was when I went on a ski trip to VA when I was 15, and when it snowed on my spring break trip to New York when I was 18. I remember being excited at the sight of the snow, but after 24 hours the fun wore off. Especially in NYC we had to walk through it and face the blistering winds that accompanied the icy stuff falling on us.

My memories of the beach arent all great either, like getting caught in the ripe tide when I was 12, or getting stung by a couple jellyfish in the Bahamas when I was 15. I mean, both the snow and the sun have their perks... and their downfalls.

I choose the ocean any day though!

Thankfully, I spent the majority of my spring break exploring the shorelines and sitting by the pool.

Gainesville forecast:
Today: high of 85, low 58
Monday: high of 81, low 58
Tuesday and Wednesday: high 76, low 50

No comments: