Feb 24, 2009

I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.

This morning I took the most wonderful bike ride around campus on my new bike with a great friend of mine, Jacki. We rode past Lake Alice, watching the birds and then ventured into the Baughman chapel on the edge of the water. (I wish I had my camera at a time like that!) I am constantly in awe of nature. I love the beautiful picture God paints before me every day and the new adventures he places before my feet. On our way back we got "gator freezes" a.k.a. Icees. (a childhood favorite, UF style.) There is so much beauty around me.

I was reading up on my favorite blogs just now and recently my friend Jason's brother has been battling cancer, and I frequently read his updates through his blog. Early this morning his brother passed away. He spent his last night at home, and Jason said he was peaceful.
It's almost as if I read his blog everyday waiting for Jason to say Mike was getting better and that I would him live a happy life after overcoming cancer. I can't expect that every cancer battle ends in victory of life.
God gives us a better victory, in a sense, we return to Him and we live joyfully in his kingdom.
I am thankful that this was the victory that God intended for him and not the one I had envisioned.

So as I ride to meet up with a Colorado friend for coffee in a few minutes I am going to be thinking of Mike, and of other friends and family that have gone to be from this Earth.
I am going to make sure to enjoy simple beauties like the birds of the lake and the people I share these moments with even more...You never know when it may be your last day to do so.
Rest in Peace, Mike Renault.

No comments: