Apr 13, 2008

Spring Semester

As this semester comes to a close, I am feeling that I should do a re-cap just so I don't forget anything important that happened!
The weekend before classes started I walked down the aisle.. no, not as a bride. I was a brides maid in my friend Kendra's wedding. She looked gorgeous and I am SO happy for her and Scott! I got to hang out with alot of people from dance (Kendra was first my dance teacher, and then one of my best friends!) and it was good to see all of them!
As soon as classes started it was back to getting into the swing of studying and working. I had a job as a Desk assistant this year, working in the dorms. It hasn't been the most fun job, but it isn't bad.
I am looking forward to be an RA and not having to work at the desk overnight anymore!
In February I went to a Spring Conference for Navigators (a collegiate ministry I'm involved in).
It was really great to meet and hang out with the Navigators from other schools in Florida. We had workshops on things like Mission work, Relationships, Life in your 20s, etc. I enjoyed going to the one about Missions where we heard from a girl who is from University of South Florida, that will be returning to East Asia for two years this August. It was amazing hearing her story about how she felt called to mission work there. We also helped raise money for her expenses in traveling and living there for two years. I even got dressed in neon and had crazy 80s hair for our 80s night party on Saturday.
My roommate and I spent one weekend in February in Tallahassee seeing some friends from high school. We enjoyed our mini road trip!
This whole time, I was anxiously waiting to hear if my new little cousin was born yet, as her momma was due to have her in mid- February. She was born on February 20th and is SO adorable. I can't wait to meet her!
The second weekend of March I left for New Orleans with Navigators for Spring Break! We did mission work and enjoyed seeing the city. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my spring break! (My last blog has some pictures... I might put up some more later)
This month I have been looking forward to classes being done and getting to go home for a while to relax and rejuvenate before leaving for Colorado. I will be done with classes and finals by the 27th and headed home! I leave for Colorado May 21st and return home on August 9th. I have to hurry back to Gainesville by August 11th because I have to start RA training! Then classes start the 25th of August! I'm looking forward to meeting my residents and getting to know all of them!
I am also looking forward to hanging out with the campers in Colorado and spending time outdoors in the beautiful mountains. The camp I will be working for is located near Colorado Springs and includes a zipline, a huge lake (with this thing called "the blob" that you jump off into the lake) and I'm sure tons of hiking. I will be leading my campers in bible studies, and spending time in worship services and eating with them. I really can't wait to tell everyone about my experience. On the weekends I have some time off so I'll try to update this with pictures and stories or ways you can be praying for my campers. :)


No comments: