Sep 15, 2011

Good Reads for Pre-School Age Kiddos


I thought I'd do a post about some of mine and my students' favorite books!

Before I go into detail about the books I love to read to them, I want to point out (if you didn't know already) that most kids LOVE to listen to books read on CD. Alot of these recordings we have in our classroom are set to music and the readers are great! The kids find it really special to hear the books read by someone other than their teacher too! HaHa! I'm sure they are sick of hearing my voice all day long, so I don't blame them!

Our favorite book this week is a recording done by Carly Simon to "Take me Out to the Ball Game." She sings the song and there's a little story mixed in about a cat that loves baseball and saves the game by getting all the other fans (all played by animals) to sing with her to cheer on the home team. The kids in my class REALLY love singing along with this book! They ask for it over and over and over and over...

Other favorites,
--How I Became a Pirate
--Chicks and Salsa
--Silly Sally
--I Like Myself
--Llama Llama Red Pajama
--Goodnight Moon
--Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
--Duck on a Bike

September is Florida Literacy Month by the way! :)

No comments: