Feb 11, 2010

a labor of LOVE


I decided for Valentine's Day to really shower my love with fun gifts and surprises :)
I found this recipe a few months back and it looked so cute so I thought I'd try it out. They are Butter mint Hearts.
(I found it in my cookbook, but it's also available online.)



Well, after gathering my ingredients I got started. It was a VERY messy endeavor.. or maybe I am just not coordinated with measuring and mixing the ingredients like i should be. :)

I had some trouble getting it to the consistency it indicated on the recipe but I went to cutting out the hearts nevertheless.
Cutting the hearts out of my "dough" was very complicated. I ended up making little discs of the dough and then placing the cookie cutter down and tearing the extra dough off from around the cutter. This took quite a while.
(That was the main difficulty in making these)


Once they all were cut out I let them sit overnight and then went to work making my "icing." Let's just put it this way... on the recipe it turned out quite differently than mine! My icing was a little gooey and watery... if that makes any sense.



















Either way I figure its the thought that counts and they will indeed taste good if nothing else!

Hopefully Steven likes them! <3

1 comment:

steven kerlin said...

i loved them and you