Sep 29, 2010

friends for life.

Well, on the eve of my furry little child's 4 month birthday I thought I'd take the time to introduce his best bud, Russell.
I honestly can't believe that cats can make friends.
Exhibit A:

Twitch and Russell
Twitch is the one on the left (b&w) and Russell is on the right (pretty much all black)


These two love each other more than words can say. Twitch is my cat, and Russell belongs to my best friend, Stephanie. Steph adopted Russell not too long after meeting (and falling in love with) her nephew Twitch. At this point in our lives we aren't having kids or any of that so we decided kitties are just about as close as we can come to children.
They are pretty good kids. :)
Although, at first Twitch was needy because I found him in the wild before he was weaned from his momma. Bottle feedings at 2am were tiresome (I have a new appreciation for that part of motherhood) and although I know that a baby kitten is nothing compared to a real baby-- he sure was worth it!
Anyways-- Twitch's birthday is May 30th so tomorrow marks his 4 month birthday!
Russell is spending the day with Twitch and I at my apartment. (It is currently kitty nap time.)

Twitch and Russell's favorite activities include:
Sleeping
Chasing each other
Bathing each other (okay so that's a little weird, but for cats its normal when you love each other)
Pouncing on one another
Using the scratcher
Hiding toys and finding them later
Getting treats when they are good boys
Getting attention from their mama's
Eating together
Sharing quality time at the litter box (also weird, but hey whatever makes them happy)

It's been fun to give them time to play together and bond. They weren't happy about it at first but grew to really love each other. And even though half the time they are biting each other and pouncing when the other least expects it, they seem to really enjoy each other's company in the end. Twitch always seems a little sad when Russell leaves. :(

They even have friendship charms on their collars now. (you did too at this age I bet!)



To life long friends! (And by that I mean Steph and I, too!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie Taylor said...

Omgosh how precious! I love our babies!